Hey people, I am here to share wit you on what you should do at your VERY first convention attendance. In conjunction of the annual Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con, I personally have yet to attend any conventions at America, however. My tips work all round for all kinds of convention.
You are hyped, excited for this convention all year, and pre-bought the tickets months before. Yet, you are nervous on what you should bring, should not do etc. Here are some dos and don’ts tips for you.
- Follow the rules of the convention
- Be polite to cosplayers and con-goers
- Follow the queue.
- Be mindful at the artist alley, they are other buyers too
- Ask for permission before taking any photos of the cosplayers.
- Have fun, but not too much fun
- Preplan your day to be organized
- Do not litter the convention hall
- Do not harass any of the cosplayers, keep your hands to yourself
- Do not cause any roadblocks just to buy that one art you always wanted.
- Do not disrespect anyone at the conventions – Guests, Cosplayers, Artist.
- Do not disobey any given orders from the helpers around the convention
- Do not bring any illegal items to the convention
- Do not touch any props of the cosplayers without their permission
Once you know what you should and should not do what should you wear to the convention.
For cosplayers, it depends on themselves like what cosplay are they doing. As for normal con-goers, anything comfortable would do, I highly suggest wearing sneakers instead of flip-flops as you are going to a convention with lots of people; you wouldn’t want your toes to bleed at the end of the day. Avoid wearing anything that could make you sweat faster even though the convention hall is air-conditioned, sweat is unavoidable.
Next, what should you bring to a convention?
- Water, to stay hydrated
- Mini electrical fan
- Extra money, for precaution
- Extra recycle bag to put all your loots that you bought.
- Band aids , for any emergencies
- Food, like cookies or any dry food
- Camera for awesome photos
- Power bank for your phone
- Map of the convention hall, to save time
It is up to you to take notes for your first convention adventure; my favorite thing to do at a convention is shopping down the artist alley to support cool artist. I do also enjoy the panels and guest talks. Side note, it is OK to be shy to ask for a photo from a cosplayer, but remember. HAVE CONFIDENCE!
For those who are reading this and wanted to attend Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con, feel free to drop by Las Vegas package deals to check out deals to aid you on your trip.